Sea’s Healing Green Soup
By Sea Cummins RPP, RPE
Here is my green soup recipe which can be a stand-alone meal or a smoothie drink, especially when you need quick nourishment. Enjoy it as soup with sprouted crackers or double-toasted sprouted breads. Be creative with toppings such as olives and other garnishes.
In a high powered blender such as Vitamix…
Cover in just enough filtered water to begin softening as you gather the rest of the ingredients:
Handful sprouted pepitas
Handful raw cashews
Gather and add on top of soaking seeds/nuts (wait before blending):
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small bunch kale
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 sm-med tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot (optional)
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill or favorite fresh herbs
- 1 Serrano pepper (or to taste)
- 2 slices jalapeño
- 2-3 pinches of dried dulse or other seaweeds
- 1 shallot (optional)
- 1/4 sm red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
Blend all the above ingredients with just enough water so it turns and gets the nuts creamy.
- 2 heaping Tbsp unpasteurized miso paste
- 2 heaping Tbsp unpasteurized kimchi or sauerkraut (can use apple cider vinegar instead)
- 2 healing Tbsp raw sesame tahini
- 2 heaping Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsps Sea Clear (Shaman Shack) (optional)
- Pinch of coarse gray Celtic Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 splashes organic tamari or Bragg’s
- 2 sheets nori or kelp
Slowly add up to 4 cups of filtered water (to the consistency you prefer). Not too thick and not too thin.
At the end add 1/2 avocado and blend.
Pour into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of Udo’s or flax oil and dulse or edible flowers. Sprinkle smoked paprika on top.