Zucchini, feta, and leek gratin
Prep-Time: 10 minutes
Time: 1 hour
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 zucchini, 3 coarsely grated, 1 sliced into rounds
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 100g coarsely grated mozzarella
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 170g marinated artichokes, chopped
- 100g caperberries, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frypan over low heat and add leek and 1/2 tsp salt flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the leek is very soft. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes until softened.
- Place grated zucchini in a clean Chux cloth and squeeze out excess liquid over the sink. Combine in a bowl with cooled leek mixture, feta, chili, lemon zest and egg. Lightly season. Spread into a 22cm baking dish.
- Toss sliced zucchini with remaining 1 tbsp oil and layer on top. Scatter with mozzarella. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- For the caperberry crush, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over gratin and scatter with breadcrumbs to serve.