The Certification Governing Council is currently looking for volunteers to serve on an accreditation committee.
The qualifications are as follows:
Here are the basic facts:
- ICE/NCCA requires the formation of 4 committees, each with 6-8 BCPPs, during the application process. This means we need about 24 committee volunteers.
- Each committee will have a specific task and they will work consecutively, so we don’t need all these volunteers at the same time. Members of the CGC may serve on the committees, but ICE/NCCA does not look favorably on the same group of people doing everything. Having a diverse support base shows ICE that this profession is valid and viable.
- APTA BOD members may not work on the committees or be part of the CGC.
- After many phone calls and letters to current BCPPs, we are not getting anywhere near the number of volunteers that we need. We need BCPPs to participate in the process of applying for accreditation!
BCPP is APTA’s primary strategy to protect the right to practice Polarity Therapy. The massage industry wants to make Polarity a subset of massage and is conducting a massive legislative campaign to create a touch therapy education monopoly for its schools in every state. 17 states are currently under assault. By attaining BCPP status nationally, we can shield Polarity from this attack.
Requirements to work on this project include:
- Being an APTA member in good standing.
- Being a BCPP for a minimum of two years.
- Not actively teaching polarity
- Supporting Accreditation
We are happy to answer any questions you might have. Please respond to Shelley Drasal at firstname.lastname@example.org.