Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash using Essential Oils
Courtesy of Young Living Cookbook
- 2 acorn squash
- 1¾ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ an onion
- ¾ cup Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Organic Dried Wolfberries
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Thyme Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasting the Squash
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut off ends of squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp and seeds.
- Brush squash halves with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash sides face down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25–35 minutes.
While Squash is Roasting
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute celery, carrots, and onion for 5–7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock until done
- Combine quinoa, sautéed veggies, and wolfberries.
- Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil with Vitality essential oils.
- Pour over quinoa/veggie mixture and toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each squash halve with mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; then dig into this festive fall dish!
YIELDS: 4 servings